Creating Audio For Your Website – Does the Effort Pay Back in Results?
Most certainly, audio and video for that matter has been found to massively increase the conversion rates on websites. The idea here is to capture your web surfer’s attention, and grab them as soon as you can. With more and more people having shorter attention spans, we need to do all we can as marketers to make sure that our message is being heard. Now, even if you are not a marketer, but simply want to lead your prospect through your website, audio can be the difference between them staying, or clicking away. Naturally, there is more to it than that, and I hope to give you some pointers to help you get the most out of audio on your website.
You do not just have to think about audio, but can consider if the audio track will play back as soon as the page loads, or if you will give the user an opportunity to click on your audio when they are ready. In addition, you may have more than one audio track, depending on your site. Examples of ways audio can be used are listed below, but are in no way an exhaustive list,. You are limited by your imagination and creativity.
- Provide confidence to your user that you are for real, and allow them to hear an introduction from you.
- Allow samples of your audio offerings to be played back, so potential customers can choose if they wish to purchase a full length version.
- Audio can also be provided of your entire website for the visually impaired, and helps your site with recognition amongst various organisation’s guide lines, like the Vision Society.
- Some people are just more auditory than others and do not read much, and prefer to learn via audio.
- It can be the extra bait required to convince people to buy what you have available on your site, if this is applicable.
From the above, you can see that audio can be very beneficial to helping your web visitors make a decision, In addition, it is not uncommon for some less technical people to simply not fully understand the process to purchase and download a product you have. I have a client myself who was having difficulty in this regard and I assure you the problem is more wide spread than you may at first think. I ended up assisting the client with completing their purchase, but in some cases, if someone is unable to complete the task on their own, they may feel disappointed they have paid for something online, and not been able to actually download it. Again, I have seen this very issue happen and audio can prevent this problem.