The Benefits Of Using Copper Hood Vents In Your Kitchen
It is becoming more and more popular to have a hood over your oven in modern kitchens. In the old days, people just used to open their windows, but the technology wasn’t around then, to manufacture a good hood system.
Now, if you were to ask someone to design you a kitchen, they would have a hood over the oven. Some would say that hoods would take up a lot of storage space, but the benefits that you would gain from using a hood, far outweigh the negatives.
The aim of this article is to look at hoods and their materials, and see what benefits you could gain from using a copper hood in your kitchen.
If you were to order a hood from a kitchen company that mass-produces all of their kitchen elements, then the hood will probably be made of stainless steel. It might look a little bit plain, but it will be incredibly cost effective.
However, you do have the option of choosing a better kitchen specialist and having a hood designed out of copper. This might be a little more expensive but it will be a benefit to your kitchen in the long run.
If you are thinking of using a copper hood, instead of a stainless steel one, then read on for more information about the benefits of using a copper hood in your kitchen.
- Design – With copper hoods, you will have more design options. You don’t have to leave the hood plain because hood companies have the capabilities to add more design features to the trim of the hood. Therefore, the hood will blend in with the rest of the kitchen. It will not be an eye sore like some other steel hoods.
- Affordable – Copper, as a material, is less expensive that steel, therefore the copper hood would be extremely affordable. In some cases it might be a little bit more expensive, especially if you are adding in other elements to the hood. However, it is still better value for money when compared to a steel hood.
- Sizes – Copper hoods can be designed to a wide range of different sizes, so you don’t have to have a massive hood that takes up a lot of space. Hoods can be made to fit underneath cabinets, so that they can be hidden. Therefore, the smaller the cabinet, the cheaper it will be, so you do have further options for lowering the price of the hoods.
- Durable – Copper hoods are known for being durable. The material is strong and copper is not easily damaged by moisture and smoke. As a result of this, if you buy a copper hood, it will last you for a long time to come. When you look at the price of copper hoods, they become extremely affordable because you will probably never have to buy a hood again in your lifetime.
- Anti-Bacteria – Copper hoods are renowned for getting rid of microbes and bacteria on their own. Therefore, copper appliances are extremely beneficial to have in areas where food is prepared. You will have to clean it, just like any other appliance, but it will have done half the job itself.
Copper hoods are extremely resilient and beneficial to any kitchen area. They look nice and they serve a purpose. Some people might try to put you off buying a copper hood by saying that they change colour over time, but this adds character to the hood. If you really don’t want the hood to change colour, you just have to treat it every so often, with a cloth and a recommended treatment product.