Enhance Your Corporate Identity With Your Business Card
Whether you are an event planner, a restaurant owner, or a freelance writer, owning a business card is a must to define your explicit brand value. The visual imagery on your business card is a great way of conveying across a set of principles and a sense of purpose to your clients. We are here to tell you how to go about acquiring this strong corporate identity through your new business card.
Significance of Business Cards
Business cards can become a powerful medium of advertizing for your small business, if handled correctly. The design of your business card articulates personal business values that you want your target customer base to associate with your products and services.
Your business card is also responsible for bringing consistency to all the out going communication from your company. It represents your true corporate identity especially when you distribute it during business round tables and during your local chamber of commerce meetings.
What to Include in Business Cards
1. To start with, the heading of a business card will institute the name of your company followed by your name. The heading can also be your job title. This piece of important information is usually in the center or at the top of the card with large and bold formatting.
2. Next, your business card should communicate information about the product or service you are selling through an appealing visual statement. This can be done by using an eye-catching logo, a compelling picture, or a combination of colors.
3. A slogan gets across the main purpose of your business, or your personal / company value.
4. While providing your contact details, try to include as many avenues to reach you as possible. A cell phone number, a voicemail number, an e-mail ID, a website address and sometimes a Twitter address are all applicable today.
What to Watch Out for in Business Cards
– A clear and straightforward design to convey your precise message to your customer community
– A standard size 3.5 "by 2" business card for it to fit in a wallet, or a card organizer
– A large supply of your business cards available with you at all times
– A professional quality print job to signal that you are a dedicated home business owner and mean real business
– Use of a paper or any other writable surface on the reverse side to note down any impromptu information
Methods of Designing Business cards
There are several online business card designing systems that will guide you to create professional looking business cards on your own. A step by step wizard will guide you through the process to generate affordable and personalized business cards.
Beside these systems, there are a number of business card software packages in the market. The programs allow you to explore the potential hidden artist with in you, or simply work with the many templates, images, and logos offered. Most of the software packages also provide additional options for creating envelopes, greeting cards, etc. You can print them out using a desktop printer on business card stock. The benefit is the amount of time that you save. If you have not used any of these packages before, your best bet is to use the templates available in MS word and print your business cards. MS word does an excellent job of printing business cards on business card stock. You can also customize each print run for specific applications. Use a color laser printer if possible and search the MS Word help system to learn how to use these templates.
You can also go the traditional route and hire an experienced graphics designer and printer. Make sure that the designer understands your company message and your personal vision. After meticulous planning, researching, and designing, your new identity is established.