Best WordPress Themes – 10 Things To Do With WordPress
WordPress is one of the best content management systems around. It is not only an open source platform, it has plenty of themes and plugins that users can take advantage of to take your websites to the next level. Best of all, you do not have to be a technical guru or a PHP genius to get started with this platform.
If you are new to WordPress and wonder what you can use it for, here are 10 ways you can use this platform to build a killer web property today:
- Social Voting Portal : themes such as Nominate let you start your own Digg and get people to participate and contribute to your community.
- Job Board : people are never going to stop looking for jobs, which is why adding a job board to your community can be huge for your business.
- Directory : starting a web directory can help you organize your information and gain some more revenue down the road.
- Forum : PHPBB is not the only forum software in town. Thanks to gForums for WP, you can use this platform to host your own forum.
- Wiki : Interested in starting a small Wiki? WordPress can handle that too.
- Review Site : plenty of people have made a decent amount of money from their honest reviews. WP can be used for such sites (and it will not cost you a penny).
- Affiliate Website : there is a reason why affiliate marketers are so in love with WP. It's easy to use and very flexible.
- Coupon Site : if you can get your hands on decent coupons, CouponPress can get you started with your coupon-site fast.
- Corporate Portal : WP can be used for sophisticated business-sites too. Enterprise theme is just one theme to get you started.
- Video Blog : if you make video, you can bring them to your own domain using this CMS.
There are plenty of other ways you can take advantage of this CMS. The sky's really the limit.